CAS Financial Planning & Analysis Workshop Dec 2021
December 13th - 14th, 2021
Take your CAS service line to a higher level with our CAS Financial Planning & Analysis Workshop
Forecasting and anticipatory advisory services are high-growth advisory services offered by top performing CAS practices. This workshop will teach CAS practitioners the critical components required to extend their service offering to the virtual CFO level by advising clients and creating various types of forecasting models based on the current client need. Additionally, attendees will learn more about the role of client advisory, technology to support the offering, and pricing as a stand-alone or part of a monthly recurring package. Workshop attendees will spend time working on standardized case studies, then apply the methods taught to a client of their own. Upon completion of the workshop, participants should feel confident offering forecasting and anticipatory advisory services to a selection of their own clients.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
1. Articulate the benefit of high value-advisory CAS forecasting services to their own practice.
2. Know the phases of a client forecasting project, including the scope and pricing strategy
3. Identify a variety of forecast model types
4. Understand how the selection of technology drives the efficiency and scaling of the service line
5. Apply appropriately selected forecasting models to client use cases based on identification of client issues.
6. Know the difference between hard and soft trends and integrate into the client service
7. Formulate client conversations based on components of discovery and modeling
8. Identify deliverables within the service offering and define and communicate value to clients
9. Understand the staffing resources and staffing skills needed to offer the service
Your 2-Day Agenda
SESSION 1 (5 Hours)
Monday, December 13 - 10:30 AM-4:20 PM EST
Introduction to Forecasting & Anticipatory Advisory
Resource Planning: Practice Development
Resource Planning: Technology
SESSION 2 (4 Hours)
Tuesday, December 14 - 10:30 AM-4:20 PM EST
Practice Development: Scope
Practice Development: Planning the Service Offering
Practice Development: Staffing
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Business Management and Organization
Number of CPE credits: 10
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group-Live Internet Based Workshop
Opportunities for pre-workshop learning will be sent in advance with your workshop materials. No advanced preparation is required to participate in this workshop.
CPA.com (Registration # 108347) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
You may cancel without penalty if written cancellation requests are received up to and including 28 days prior to the start of a workshop scheduled in our virtual classroom. Due to financial obligations incurred by CPA.com, a credit less 50% of the registration fee will be issued for written requests received up to and including 15 days prior to the start of the virtual workshop if transfer to another workshop within six months is not possible. No refunds or credits will be issued on cancellation requests received less than 15 days prior to the start of the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints, cancellations, and refunds, please contact email@example.com.
Registration confirmation email will be sent from Workshops@hq.cpa.com