- The role of sustainable building in minimizing the consumption of energy and fossil resources
- New technological developments that allow for a new generation of adaptive structures and materials, whose shape or geometry can be modified
- Automated manufacturing and construction that allow for increased efficiency and ecology
- Digital technologies offering new approaches to these challenges
- Innovative theoretical, numerical, and experimental methods for current and new building materials
- All aspects of conceptual, structural, and performance-based design, experimental testing and numerical modelling
- Geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics from a structural engineering perspective
Weinheim Symposium on Green Civil Engineering 2022
Register now and discover exciting new research at the Weinheim Symposium on Green Civil Engineering 2022
How can the building industry face the challenges of the 21st century? Discover new research and meet established and upcoming researchers by participating in our free virtual symposium, supported by the Ernst & Sohn journal Civil Engineering Design.
Over the course of multiple sessions, chaired by topical experts, talks will focus on current and strategic research areas including:
Collaboration and exchange are vital to scientific progress. That’s why we’re providing a new virtual forum for the communication of civil engineering research, where early career researchers and experts alike can share their work.
We are live in
About the journal
Civil Engineering Design enables researchers to get their work published quickly as it focuses exclusively on scientific publications with short review and production times. Civil Engineering Design is an online-only, English-language journal based on Ernst & Sohn’s well-known journal Bautechnik.
An interdisciplinary journal, Civil Engineering Design deals with:
This interdisciplinary focus addresses the scientific community’s growing need for opportunities to publish interdisciplinary research in the field of construction engineering in the highly specialized journal landscape.