- Register and view monthly resources by clicking the "Take the Challenge" button above.
- Choose a validated home blood pressure monitor. If you are unsure, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice or find options at www.validatebp.org.
- Determine your tracking method; use a paper tracking log, an online tool, or a service provided through your employer or health insurance.
- Commit to checking your blood pressure at least twice a month, or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Identify a Check It! Champion at your site; this person will be your site leader responsible for receiving monthly communications and distribution of information.
- Complete the participation form at heart.org/checkitchallenge; American Heart Association staff will be in contact to select the blood pressure program that is right for your organization.
- Enroll in Target: BP at targetbp.org
- Target: BP helps health care organizations and care teams, at no cost, improve BP control rates through an evidence-based quality improvement program.
- Get recognized for committing to improve blood pressure control.
Check It! Challenge
About the 2023 Check It! Challenge
Commit to Check your blood pressure at least twice a month, Change to healthier habits, and Control your blood pressure!
The American Heart Association and its allies in health are encouraging individuals, community organizations, and employers to prioritize improving blood pressure during the Check It! Challenge.
The Check It! Challenge is based on Check. Change. Control.®, an evidence-based wellness and blood pressure management program that focuses on improving health by making simple changes to prevent and manage high blood pressure.
Click on the Agenda tab for details regarding the Community Conversation Series. To add a Community Conversation to your calendar, click on session title and when a new page opens, select "Add to Calendar" at the top.
How to Particpate
Organizations & Workplaces
Healthcare Providers & Clinics