While it is common for CAS practices to do a basic client needs assessment as part of the new client onboarding process, few charge for the engagement. This workshop will teach firms to perform a high-value assessment that looks for more than basic needs: it allows the CAS team to ascertain the foundational information about a client’s business needed to generate a proposed strategy for onboarding, process improvement, and build a repeatable process of discovery and assessment that produces, at the basic level, a “health check” of the client’s current business. At the highest level, the assessment offers analysis of the strategic steps required to move the client to the desired future state.
Workshop attendees will receive templated guides and will spend time developing the foundation of their assessment process.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
* Describe the differences between a basic client assessment and a higher-value assessment, both for the client and for the practice
* Explain the value of the assessment to drive scalable growth for the practice’s identified client niches
* Establish an assessment process to create scope, manage scope, evaluate scope and avoid scope creep
* Identify the upskilling needs of the CAS team to be able to effectively do the discovery and complete the client assessment
* Understand how to produce the client deliverables for the high-value client assessment process
* Develop repeatable internal processes and best practices to plan engagement parameters that set appropriate firm and client expectations
* Create a plan to implement a leveled set of repeatable client assessments
Price listed is per attendee.
Your 2-Day Agenda
SESSION 1 (5 Hours)
Wednesday, February 22 – 10:30 AM-4:15 PM EST
(Break: 1:00-1:45 PM)
Introduction to the Client Assessment
SESSION 2 (5 Hours)
Thursday, February 23 – 10:30 AM-4:15 PM EST
(Break: 1:00-1:45 PM)
Report of Recommendations
Advanced Preparation: None
Field of Study: Business Management and Organization
Number of CPE credits: 10
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group-Live Internet Based Workshop
Opportunities for pre-workshop learning will be sent in advance with your workshop materials. No advanced preparation is required to participate in this workshop.
CPA.com (Registration # 108347) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its web site: www.nasbaregistry.org
You may cancel without penalty if written cancellation requests are received up to and including 28 days prior to the start of a workshop scheduled in our virtual classroom. Due to financial obligations incurred by CPA.com, a credit less 50% of the registration fee will be issued for written requests received up to and including 15 days prior to the start of the virtual workshop if transfer to another workshop within six months is not possible. No refunds or credits will be issued on cancellation requests received less than 15 days prior to the start of the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaints, cancellations, and refunds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration confirmation email will be sent from Workshops@hq.cpa.com
Principal, Digital Advisory, Client Accounting Services Leader