Voting for the 8th Annual Auggie Awards is now open!
Public Voting is now open. Help us find the best-of-the-best in AR/VR
The Auggie Awards
The Annual Auggie Awards have been the most recognized industry AR & VR awards in the world since 2010. Now in it's 8th year, the Auggies continue to showcase the best-of-the-best in the augmented world. The winners of the Auggie Awards are presented with a prestigious Auggie Award on stage at the Auggie Awards Ceremony at AWE USA 2017 on June 1, 2017 along with industry recognition as being best-in-class within the category of achievement. Nominations are now open in all 10 categories listed below.
March 3 - April 28: Nomination Period
April 29 - May 22: Public Voting (NOW ACTIVE)
May 23 - May 30: Judging Period
June 1: Winners announced at AWE USA 2017 in Santa Clara, California
Have questions on the Auggie Awards, contact us.
The 2017 Auggie Award Categories
1. Best Headworn Device sponsored by IEEE-SA: Smartglasses, head-mounted displays (HMD), goggles, heads-up displays (HUD), connected eyewear, and helmets
2. Best Input & Output Hardware: Haptics, gesture, eye-tracking, controllers, sensors, cameras, display, audio, stationary installations, hardware acceleration and connectivity
3. Best Developer Tools: Tracking & Mapping SDKs, navigation, recognition, analytics, workflow and optimization tools enabling developers to create AR & VR experiences
4. Best Interaction Software Tool: Hand tracking, gaze, motion control, voice, bio-sensing, emotion, and EEG solutions
5. Best Authoring & Publishing Tool: Content creation, reality capture, and publishing tools for AR & VR
6. Best App sponsored by ODG: AR and VR applications available to the public in major app stores across all verticals
7. Best Marketing Campaign: Marketing and advertising campaigns for major brands that use AR and VR
8. Best Enterprise Solution sponsored by AREA: Enterprise solutions that solve business problems using AR, and VR
9. Best Game or Toy sponsored by PTC Vuforia : Connected toy or gaming solutions that enable digital interaction with the physical world or physical interaction in the virtual world
10. Best Art or Film sponsored by Unity: Art Installations or films including design concepts and documentary films and 360 video that explore the augmented or virtual world
Auggie Award categories active during the show only (May 31-June 1)
11. Best in Show - Augmented Reality: Any presenting AR company at AWE 2017 (exhibitor, speaker) is eligible to be nominated and the winner will be selected through popular vote at the show
12. Best in Show - Virtual Reality sponsored by Intel: Any presenting VR company at AWE 2017 (exhibitor, speaker) is eligible to be nominated and the winner will be selected through popular vote at the show
13. Nextant Award presented by The Virtual World Society: Honoring a pioneer in AR & VR
The Auggie Award Trophy
Winners of the Auggie Awards will be presented the infamous Auggie Award on stage at the Auggie Awards Ceremony at AWE USA 2017 which will take place on June 1, 2017 in Santa Clara, California.
2016 Auggie Awards
Check out the winners from the 2016 Auggie Awards here
Or go way back in time (2015-2010) and check out the previous years winners