September 9, 2017 MaGIC Sarawak @ Borneo744 Doors open at: 10.00am
We Are Live In
Language Goes Digital
Are you fluent in any language indigenous to Borneo?
Do you wish to help preserve your language for future generations?
Passionate to preserve the indigeneous languages in Borneo, a community based project titled Borneo Lingua-Hack is organised, to recognise the efforts in bringing "LANGUAGE GOES DIGITAL" through online open resource platform, Borneo Dictionary (borneodictionary.com).
The word "lingua-hack" is a portmanteau of the words "lingua" and "hack", where hack is used in the sense of exploratory programming. While lingua welcomes submissions from all linguistic disciplines including philosophy of language, rhetoric, historical linguistics, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, linguistic anthropology, cognitive linguistics, psycholinguistics, and neurolinguistics.
Powered by MaGIC Sarawak, Borneo Lingua-Hack aims to bring together the community members from various ethnics in Borneo to help build and expand the Borneo Dictionary.
WHAT & WHO TO BRING:
Family, Friends, Dictionaries, Laptop, and of course your GRANDPARENTS too! (Seriously, as they are the one with the knowledge)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Share, Learn & Preserve words and phrases from your mother tongue in group sessions.
WHO SHOULD COME & CONTRIBUTE:
Ethnics' Society Members
*All contributors will be acknowledged by the Borneo Dictionary
CURRENT LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
1. E-Kamus Dialek Melayu Sarawak, Amanah Khairat Yayasan Budaya Melayu Sarawak
2. Sarawak Malay Dialect Level 1, Open Learning Course
1. Buk Bang Sinda (Bidayuh Bau Wordlist), Dayak Bidayuh National Association
2. Jecky Misieng (2017), The Bidayuh Krokong Dialect: To Standardize or not Standardize, Macrothink Institute Education and Linguistics Research
1. Buk Baang Piminyuu (Bidayuh Biatah Wordlist), Dayak Bidayuh National Association
2. Buk Baang Piminyuu Bigambar (Bidayuh Picture Dictionaries 3), Dayak Bidayuh National Association
1. Buk Ubaang Sanda' (Bidayuh Serian Wordlist), Dayak Bidayuh National Association
2. Buk Ubaang Sanda' (Bidayuh Picture Dictionaries 2), Dayak Bidayuh National Association
Otto Steinmayer, Jalai Jako' Iban: A Basic Grammar of the Iban Language of Sarawak