- Compare and contrast DOACs for efficacy and safety, while emphasizing the patient populations for whom they are best suited.
- Review evidence-based guidelines and best clinical approaches to thromboprophylaxis.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of systemic anticoagulation versus LAA exclusion technologies for stroke prophylaxis.
- Review the role of oral anticoagulation in stroke prophylaxis.
- Describe systemic thromboembolization and the role of LAA in patients with atrial fibrillation.
- Express a working knowledge of the role(s) of LAA in specific patient subgroups (i.e., OAC treatment-(ineligible, prescription failure).
- Discuss treatment options for the management of postoperative pericardial inflammation.
- Identity needle devices which can be utilized in specific patients to minimize complications associated with epicardial access.
- Review device types and techniques which may be employed to mitigate an incomplete LAA closure.
ISLAA 2023 Hybrid Registration
Method of Participation
To receive credit, learners are required to participate in the live activity and complete the evaluation sent via email following the meeting. Once the evaluation is completed, a certificate will be immediately available. There is no fee to participate in the activity or for the generation of the certificate.
Inquiries may be directed to ACHL at (877) 444-8435, ext. 160.
This activity is designed for physicians, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses, and allied health professionals in the fields of electrophysiology, cardiology, family, and internal medicine.
Joint Providership Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning (ACHL) and the International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage (ISLAA). ACHL is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Academy for Continued Healthcare Learning designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CBRN – Nurses
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17273 for 17.50 contact hours.
The program will address the following learning objectives:
Guidelines require that learners in CME activities be made aware of all financial relationships that may be perceived as affecting the presentation of the faculty member. ACHL ensures that all faculty and staff involved in the planning, development, and implementation of ACHL activities disclose financial relationships and that relevant financial relationships are mitigated before the CME activity occurs. Complete information will be provided to learners prior to the start of the educational activity.
Agenda and More Information
Agenda located at the top of the page in the toolbar section or for more information visit https://www.islaasymposium.com/.